The Deadsiders are the primary inhabitants of Deadside and are rumored to live there in extremely large numbers as Deadside is the place where everyone goes without exception when they die. Deadsiders look like normal humanoid beings, being male and female, that are nude with all white skin and their intestines exposed. They can be heard moaning all throughout Deadside while in their state of constant suffering. When found they usually dwell in the paths of shadow or near blood falls curled up in the fetal position. If they notice Shadowman they will stand up and try to steal his life force by sucking it out of his body, but other than that they are harmless. When Shadowman kills them with his Shadowgun their life force soul is left behind which he may consume, whether or not this sends them to a better place free of suffering is unknown.
Some of the Deadsiders were collected by the Hookmen and shipped through the Asylum Cageways in cages to be harvested. Since hey are in the thousands, there will always be meat to be taken. They are then tortured and slaughtered by the Hookmen and shipped in meat boxes to the Surgeons in the Asylum Playrooms, where they will be re-patched together to make the giant Frankenstein-like zombie creatures called Trueforms to wreak havoc on Liveside and destroy the earth.
- Jaunty refers to them as “shiverers” because they are always curled up shivering and moaning.
- As basic and common as they may seem the Deadsiders are actually the main part of Legions plan to take over the earth.
- Since Deadside is “.....where everyone goes without exception when they die” it is loosely said that all the Deadsiders are just regular people on earth who have passed on across the veil.
- In the Nintendo 64 version of Shadowman there is one location exception in Liveside Queens N.Y. Where a Deadsider can be found in a bloody bathroom locked in a closet-like box. He will not hurt you but just moan and walk around forever. In the PC version of Shadowman this is explained as being a skinless human that Avery Marx tortured and it is just aimlessly wandering around looking for help with a tape recorder of someone screaming around its neck.
- Hidden in the PC version of Shadowman a cheat code can be found called "Area 51 mode " that turns all Deadsiders to aliens (as seen in the photo) and all dead wings to flying saucers!